Both timber and aluminium frames can be retro-fitted with double glazing units.
As an alternative to double glazing we can also fit a low E tint film to the windows in your home. While this doesn't prevent any condensation it can reduce heat exiting your house by 50%
Benefits of Double Glazing
- Warmer in winter - Double glazing acts as insulation in winter keeping the warmth within your home. The layer of air trapped within the double glazed panel reduces heat from being lost through the window. Low emissivity (Low E) coatings further improve heat retention by reflecting heat back into your home.
- Cooler in summer - The thickness of double glazing dissipates some of the suns heat allowing for a cooler temperature inside.
- Reduced power bills - Because double glazing improves the efficiency of keeping heat within your home heat pumps and fires also become more efficient and don't cost as much to run. The same goes for air conditioning during the summer.
- Less Condensation - Double glazing, as the name suggests, is made up of 2 separated panels of glass. Because these panels are separate the temperature difference on each side does not interact to create condensation as it would with normal glass windows.
- Reduced Noise - One of the first things people notice when they have double glazing installed is how much quieter their home becomes. Due to the thickness of the glass outside noise is greatly reduced, this is ideal to reduce traffic noise.